Thursday, August 6, 2026

Providence Flint Glass Salt Cellars Wanted!

 The Providence Flint Glass Co. was in business for only a few short years, 1831-1834, but in that time they sold a confirmed 5 different patterns (8 total with variants) of pressed glass salt cellars. Many of these pieces also come in a couple different colors.  As they are the only antique pieces of glass actually made in Rhode Island, I have a strong interest in them!  Condition does not have to be mint.  Below are photos of the known examples. 


EE-5
This attractive dish has a classic eagle viewed through the base.  Photo from my personal collection.




OG-10
A nice style that comes in a number of colors.  I am looking for an example! 






PE-1
This salt comes marked "Providence" on the base as well as unmarked.  I am currently looking for a marked example!





SC-1
This example has a "peacock eye medallion" pattern and comes in 3 known minor variants.  I am looking for one of these!


SC-7
Described as a scrolled heart design, another beautiful piece of pressed glass.  I just recently purchased an example!


No comments:

Post a Comment